Student Ministry Pastor
Central Church - Sioux Falls, SD
Central Church is looking for a high capacity and highly collaborative Student Ministry Pastor. This person must lead by example with character, competency, and passion for students. LifeGroups are at the core of what Student Central is passionate about and the Student Ministry Pastor (SMP) will need to equip, encourage, recruit and retain a team of 160+ adult volunteers along with the other student ministry pastors. He or she will also need to work closely with the other student ministry pastors providing fresh eyes for “what could be” or “what if” for student ministry. Lastly, this person should have a strong capacity and passion to teach students on a consistent basis.
Time Commitment and Relationship:
This is a full-time position that qualifies for benefits. The SMP will serve as part of the Student Central Ministry Staff and will serve under the supervision of the Next Gen Lead who also serves as one of the student pastors.
- Lead a volunteer team structure that requires clear communication, encouragement, training, and appreciation.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, creative, and high-energy Wednesday nights.
- Create weekly LifeGroup guides for leaders.
- Collaborate in creating and managing a student ministry calendar.
- Provide vision alongside the Next Gen lead for student ministry's next steps.
- Be a consistent teaching voice for Student Ministry.
- Lead summer activities and trips.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and agreement with Central’s Statement of Faith.
- A healthy marriage and family (if married).
- A Passion for student ministry (6th-12th grade).
- At least 2 years of related experience with students or church ministry.
- Ministry or work experience in a multi-staff environment.
- Ability to teach in large venues (400+) as a gifted communicator.
- Ability to work and collaborate in team environments.
- Multi-tasking abilities, strong organizational skills, and ability to effectively communicate clearly and confidently, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to recruit, develop and train a large team of volunteers (160+).
- Willingness to step into uncomfortable moments and conversations with students, leaders, and parents.
Please go to https://centralchurch.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=40